Total Pageviews

Friday, January 29, 2016

FREDDIE GIBBS x MADLIB - "Cocaine Parties in LA"

While I am a fan of Kanye West you won't see any posts of his music on here as I don't feel that's what The Lost Tapes are about. However the always on point Gangsta Gibbs who produced not only one of the best LP:s of 2014 with his Madlib collaboration "Pinata", but one of the best LP:s of the decade, is definitely an emcee that I gladly spread the word on. Like I said in my review of that project, Gibbs has always been a grippng spitter to my ears but much of the beats he has picked for his solo projects has not really been up my alley which made the Madlib collabo all the more potent to my ears. So when he hijacked the new 'Lib produced Kanye West single "No More Parties in LA", appropatiely renamed "Cocaine Parties in LA", you know this is something to rejoice about. Let's just hope we'll see a follow-up to "Pinata" sooner or later. It appears the song has been taken down from Gibbs official Soundcloud so if you haven't heard it yet be sure to press play ASAP as it might be taken down from YouTube as well any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment