Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

[Album] COMMON & NO ID - "Nobody Smiling"

I gotta be honest in that I was slightly dissapointed on my first couple of listens of Common and No I.D.'s just released "Nobody Smiling". Mainly because it wasn't quite what I expected; you can tell that the lush arrangements of the production has heavily influenced Dion from working with Kanye West and vice versa, which is not a bad thing in my opinion. It's not a perfect album, but the more I listen to it the more I'm feeling it, the song "Rewind This" is one of Common's best songs in a long while, and "Kingdom", "The Neighborhood", "7 Deadly Sins", etc are simply brilliant music. It does need the three bonus tracks offered on the Deluxe Edition and I'm glad that at least they are not just iTunes bonus but are actually available in physical formats. You can stream the entire thing via Spotify below, and when you've finnished listening to the album be sure to check out this magnificent interactive video conversation of Lonnie and Dion discussing and breaking down the LP track by track - it's a real interesting watch. Cop the Deluxe Edition of "Nobody Smiling" at Amazon (interestingly enough both the regular CD and the Deluxe version shares the same price).

No comments:

Post a Comment